Mimi Barbour's Reviews > Rain

Rain by Leigh K. Cunningham

First, I looked up "Rain" on Leigh Cunningham's website and saw the wonderful awards--winner of the Literary Fiction category at the 2011 Indie Excellence Awards, and a silver medal at the 2011 Independent Publisher Awards (IPPY) in the Regional Fiction: Australia/New Zealand category. So, I thought it would be a really good choice to buy and read. Turns out I was absolutely, one hundred percent right.
This family saga began to draw me in from the first page, and by the end of the first chapter, I was hooked. Leigh has a way with words that I loved. Her talent had me re-reading many of her sentences because they were so well done - I wished I'd written them myself. Such as - He had crossed the line: the one that separated justifiable wrong and unforgivable sin. And - So many people wise about death, even though they had no personal experience with it, for if they knew death, as Helen now did, they would also know that a blade wounded, a stab into the heart was fatal, and time had just two hands, and was not a father.
Each character the author zeroed in on came to life and I found myself caring about what would happen to them. This wasn't a feel-good book as much as it was realistic and thought provoking. The story has stayed in my mind for a few days and so I decided I had to write a review and encourage others to read it so they could enjoy the story as much as I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rain.

Started Reading