Joy's Reviews > Hard to Protect

Hard to Protect by Incy Black

27419236

Read 2 times. Last read March 9, 2017.

I was lucky enough to have received an ARC of Hard To Protect from Incy Black, this past week, in return for my unbiased review.

This is the first book I have read of Incy Black. It will not be the last.

From the first page I was intrigued, and curious to read on to try to get a firm grip on the hero, Will Berwick. Incy painted him as a renowned undercover agent with a huge ego and a special talent for pleasuring the females of the nation. He has been given orders to seduce a work colleague to extract vital information. My interest was piqued when his target, Ice Maiden Dr Angel Treherne, entered the picture, and vowed not to allow him within a hairsbreadth of her womanly parts.

This book took me on a rollercoaster ride through witty dialogue and the day to day life of a special agent with something to prove. I loved the fast paced storyline, I loved the British humour, I loved the sexual tension and the constant duel between the hero and the heroine, who were flighting their growing attraction to each other.

Incy Black has a talent for quick and entertaining repartee. There were many laugh out loud moments for me. Her characters were entertaining and believable, her descriptive scenes easy to step into, and the dialogue flowed beautifully.

I loved this book. I finished it in one sitting, not putting it down until midnight, because there was no way I was going to bed until I had read the final chapter.

Five stars *****

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard to Protect.

Finished Reading