Sheziss's Reviews > The INFP Book: The Perks, Challenges, and Self-Discovery of an INFP

The INFP Book by Catherine Chea

bookshelves: infp, psychology, read-in-2017, kindle, english

I read this book just after finishing The Comprehensive INFP Survival Guide and I first believed that there was not much to add. But it gave me new perspectives of things. Both books are complete and complementary. Whereas Priebe's book is more objective and theoretical, giving exhaustive information and following a meticulous scheme, Chea's style is more accesible and personal, providing simple and straight-to-the-point patterns and clues.

Maybe a little rough around the edges but useful and understandable nonetheless. I highlighted most of the book because I found most of the tips and advices really nailed it.

I admit there were times when my mood became heavy and intense, when I honestly had to make an effort in order to apply a less idealistic and a more disheartening lenses on myself, watching and studying my inner core with a less romantic perspective and endure the discouraging criticism about myself.

But everybody has its shadows. INFPs are no less. But hey, it's good to get to know these shadows in a more concrete way. Putting these these matters into words make me feel more understood by others and by my own being. Giving a label is not bad, it gives you something more tangible to fight, it gives you tools to change and face your own demons.

I really recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The INFP Book.

March 12, 2017 – Shelved