Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)'s Reviews > ICED

ICED by Veronica Forand

bookshelves: arcs

Iced is a sweet and sexy collection of two stories featuring hockey players for the Atlantic City Hustlers. The first is Flirting on Ice. It gives us Zac, team captain, and Heather's story, the team owner's daughter. Heather's father has always let his players know that Heather is off limits, but Zac and Heather's chemistry can't be denied and they start meeting up in secret. Pretty soon, though, the media is alerted to their relationship and Heather is thrown into the spotlight and fans hate her for messing with Zac's focus. I like Flirting on Ice. It's short, but it's well written and Zac and Heather have great chemistry.

The second story is Simmering Ice and features Alec "Sequoia", one of the team's right wingers, and Annie, a physical therapist. They meet when Alec comes to visit some of her patients. He's drawn to her at first because her red hair reminds him of his late wife's, but she's really nothing like her. They're really great together, but, unfortunately, Annie has let her wretch of a mother get into her head and her insecurities could prevent their relationship from ever taking off. I like Simmering Ice even more than Flirting on Ice. It feels more well rounded and fleshed out, and Alec and Annie are even sweeter and sexier together.

If you like your hockey romance with doses of sweet and sexy, you should definitely pick up Iced!

I received an ARC through NetGalley for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ICED.

Finished Reading