Fabi's Reviews > True Colors

True Colors by Anyta Sunday

20663288

liked it
bookshelves: kindle, mm-romance-gay-lit, arc, published-2017

This is a second chance romance. It's unusual in that the MCs are only 20 years old.

Marco was physically and psychologically scarred in a car accident that lost him one parent. Later he was emotionally scarred by his best friend's careless words.

A lifetime friendship was shattered in the few seconds it took Oskar to say a handful of words.

It's been four years and both young men have moved on with their lives. But their families are neighbors, so their lives remain entwined. Their emotions raw.

We watch them slowly but surely come back together. Rebuilding the bridge to each other's feelings. It's a beautiful thing to see. Their coming back together felt organic and real.

I stumbled a little on the setting and the family dynamics. It felt a little foreign to me. Their artistic inclinations were a surprise to me since I've never met people like that in real life. Maybe it was all part of the setting. I don't know. I did feel on the outside looking in. It was a "me" problem.

There were a lot of typos. I wouldn't normally mention those in an ARC. But this one has already been published so they should have been corrected.

Review ARC graciously provided by the publisher via NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Colors.

March 11, 2017 – Shelved
March 11, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 23, 2017 – Shelved as: kindle
April 23, 2017 – Shelved as: mm-romance-gay-lit
May 21, 2017 – Shelved as: arc
May 30, 2017 – Started Reading
May 30, 2017 – Shelved as: published-2017
May 31, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Happy reading Fabi;-)

Fabi Thanks Lissa. :-)

Jan  Super review, Fabi! :))

Fabi Thank you Jan. :-)

message 5: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie This sounded so good...but now that you didnt love it, I am not as excited to try it.

Fabi Sorry Leslie. But I think I'm the odd man out with this one.