Maria's Reviews > The Missing Girl

The Missing Girl by Norma Fox Mazer

Aug 03, 2011

liked it
Recommended to Maria by: the cover caught my eye at the library
Recommended for: grade 7 and up

The missing Girl is a young adult thriller by Norma Mazer its about 5 sisters and the man.. not just any man but THE man that watches them, everyday. The man who wants to be near them, feel their hair and love them who fantasizes about them everyday and just wants one of them near him. The five sisters are apart of a normal family that has normal issues like financial problems, family disagreements, teenage girl problems .. etc. Though this man, The man, the regular looking nondescript man makes his fantasies real and changes their lives.(side note: any man like him should die..)
I've noticed many people think that many of the issues in the book weren't resolved or were unnecessary and from a certain point of view I can see why people would think that. However, I think everything in this book was completely necessary.. yes even including the Mim admitting to her being interesting in the same sex thing. It may not affected the whole plot, however I think the author added that to give height to each character, to show that in a family EVERY member is important and has their own battles to fight and while everyone's fighting they're own battles they forget about the other members the smaller more ordinary ones like Autumn.. and then when tragedy strikes.. it brings them all together and if you notice at the end all of the family members are changed and the small things that seemed so important are finally blurred and its focused on the big picture. Being together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Missing Girl.