Michelle's Reviews > Talk Of The Town

Talk Of The Town by Rachael Johns

Apr 17, 2017

bookshelves: netgalley, zz2017-read
Read 2 times. Last read April 9, 2017 to April 17, 2017.

Talk of The Town is an Aussie romance that contains just the right amount of drama, twists & turns, sadness and of course happiness in the end.
It also contains a slight paranormal aspect that I found intriguing and I would have loved this part to have been explored a little bit more within the story.
Overall I liked the main character Meg, but every now and then I did get slightly annoyed with how she took so long to say certain things about what she was thinking or feeling. I know this was to build suspense and give the story more to stand on but I felt that with this character her secrecy became a bit much after a while and every so often I'd find myself wanting to just shake her with frustration.
The plot itself was a believable enough story and it definitely kept me engaged until the end. I really like how Rachael Johns has the ability to write a romance novel without it being too ultra-sappy with enough interesting back story in addition to the romance angle going on. In my opinion this makes her stories a lot more relatable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talk Of The Town.

Finished Reading