*The Angry Reader*'s Reviews > The Queen & the Homo Jock King

The Queen & the Homo Jock King by T.J. Klune

I connected with this book on a cellular level. Snotty, hiccuppy, laugh/crying where i couldn't breathe and didn't care.

Plot - doesn't really matter bc although the plot is what the book's about it's not what this book is ABOUT. Still - Darren was once dismissive and shitty to Sandy. They spend years hate-flirting. Circumstances force them to work together and interact to save Jack It - and sparks (alllll kinds of sparks) fly.

I cried a lot while reading this. Happy crying - sort of. This swell of emotion in my chest and throat and ears. Sandy felt like the most real, funny, awful, kind, mean, dramatic, terrible human being ever. Throw in Paul and Vince from the first book...all my favorite people in one place.

Frequently in reading a romance i struggle to identify with a character. I'm not much of a plucky-down-on-her-luck heroine. I have too much attitude and an advanced degree. I'm also not much of a brooding alpha-male - i talk too much and panic at loud noises. Thus, i love books with the quirky (Rainbow Rowell. Penelope Reid.), the misfits, the funny and the weird. Though i can't connect with a short curvy secretary who accidentally seduces her bazillionaire boss i apparently found my soulmate in a shy gay man with a fierce inner drag queen and a fabulous sense of humor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen & the Homo Jock King.

March 10, 2017 – Started Reading
March 10, 2017 – Shelved
March 10, 2017 –
10.0% "It's funny. But also really really sad."
March 10, 2017 –
12.0% "So I laughed til it hurt. Frittata."
March 10, 2017 –
16.0% "I'm laughing and crying. And I don't even like brunch."
March 10, 2017 –
17.0% "Thundercats and erections. I need to be asleep, but I am dying"
March 10, 2017 –
21.0% "Why is it so good? TJ Klune is magical"
March 11, 2017 –
25.0% "I was really worried about this particular plot line. I should have trusted TJ. Smooth sailing."
March 11, 2017 –
26.0% "So I'm reading their balcony scene in public. Choking on laughter. "I'm gonna fill your trunk with my....""
March 11, 2017 –
29.0% "Everyone at the campground is staring like I'm insane. So. Much. Laughing."
37.0% "Uh oh. Feels?"
March 11, 2017 –
43.0% "I'm nervous about this lunch. (PS - when this thing btwn them happens I'm going to REJOICE)"
March 11, 2017 –
62.0% "I'm up. Then I'm down. I want to hug everyone. And cry. And just curl up in a pathetic heap."
March 12, 2017 –
68.0% "I need this book never to end."
70.0% "Nooooooo"
March 12, 2017 –
81.0% "I'm going to die. Of the sadness. And the broken heart. And you'll all feel bad."
March 12, 2017 –
82.0% "Preston Babcock and Mr Florida. I'm doing this wheezy laugh/cry."
March 12, 2017 –
85.0% "I'm cry/laughing so hard."
March 12, 2017 – Finished Reading