Angie's Reviews > Fan the Flames

Fan the Flames by Katie Ruggle

May 10, 2017

bookshelves: contemporary, romance, suspense

Synopsis: "In the remote Rocky Mountains, lives depend on the Search & Rescue brotherhood. But in a place this far off the map, trust is hard to come by and secrets can be murder...

As a Motorcycle Club member and firefighter, Ian Walsh is used to riding the line between the good guys and the bad. He may owe the Club his life, but his heart rests with his fire station brothers...and with the girl he's loved since they were kids, Rory Sorenson. Ian would do anything for Rory. He'd die for her. Kill for her. Defend her to his last breath-and he may just have to.

Every con in the Rockies knows Rory is the go-to girl for less-than-legal firearms, and for the past few years, she's managed to keep the peace between dangerous factions by remaining strictly neutral. But when she defends herself against a brutal attack, Rory finds herself catapulted into the center of a Motorcycle Club war-with only Ian standing between her and a threat greater than either of them could have imagined."

My Review: Oh how I adore this book, it is such a great combination of suspense, action, romance and total badass characters! I was not really expecting this book to be Ian's book but I really enjoyed it once I got into it. Rory is by far my favorite character so far in this series, such a fun combination of naïve and total badass, she is a gun toting, socially awkward and a blushing innocent. Ian is also a great character, so conflicted with his legally questionable MC history and attachments and his do-good firefighter career. Of course everything has to come to a head and it certainly does with a flash and a bang, repeatedly, this book is so action packed and danger filled you have to keep turning the pages to find out what happens next. And it all happens in a tiny town where everyone knows everyone (and everyone's business), nosy neighbors and those looking out for their own. I so enjoyed this book and will be jumping right into the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fan the Flames.

March 10, 2017 – Shelved