Angie's Reviews > Hold Your Breath

Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle

May 05, 2017

bookshelves: contemporary, romance

Synopsis: "In the remote Rocky Mountains, lives depend on the Search & Rescue brotherhood. But in a place this far off the map, trust is hard to come by and secrets can be murder...

As the captain of Field County's ice rescue dive team, Callum Cook is driven to perfection. But when he meets new diver Louise "Lou" Sparks, all that hard-won order is obliterated in an instant. Lou is a hurricane. A walking disaster. And with her, he's never felt more alive...even if keeping her safe may just kill him.

Lou's new to the Rockies, intent on escaping her controlling ex, and she's determined to make it on her own terms...no matter how tempting Callum may be. But when a routine training exercise unearths a body, Lou and Callum find themselves thrust into a deadly game of cat and mouse with a killer who will stop at nothing to silence Lou-and prove that not even her new Search and Rescue family can keep her safe forever."

My Review: I picked this book up months after it sitting on my shelf and proceeded to consume it in less than 48 hours. I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, I was thinking maybe it would be a classic hero protects the girl and they fall in love, but I was so off the mark. It ended up being a little more suspense and a little murder mystery and a whole lot bad-assery. I ended up completely falling in love with the characters, Lou is such an upbeat and determined character, annoying at times but always rock solid. Then there is Callum, oh how I love the grumpy gruff men who eventually show a soft spot. There is never a dull moment from the start of the book to then end, some of it was predictable but it all made for a great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hold Your Breath.

March 10, 2017 – Shelved