Brenda Ashworth Barry's Reviews > Finding Libbie: A Novel

Finding Libbie by Deanna Lynn Sletten

Finding Libby was a story that had so much meaning. Showing that just because you come from money, doesn't make up for love. Jack was a down to earth farm boy that was rich in so many ways. What he went through in this story went on a little too long. My heart was breaking for him. What was clear is Libby had emotional issues and a mother who loved her, but had more than just emotional issues. The power of addiction was shown strong in this book. As much love as there is sometimes. Addiction and mental illness can take a toll on a family. This story was done in a way that you could feel the pain. Watching what Libby had to go through with her mother and sister made me want to kidnap her from that family. No wonder she loved the farm and Jacks mom and dad so very much.

The one thing that confused me, is why Libby's dad changed the way he did. He went from being a soft spoken man and wanting Jack to take care of Libby, to a man that did an awful thing. I don't want to give it away so I'll just say, it didn't seem to fit the man he had been. Maybe he just knew that his daughter had too many problems to stay married. The truth is, I couldn't put the book down and stayed up past my bedtime to read it. The story pulled me in from the very beginning. I was so happy at the ending and how things unfolded. I loved Jack's daughter and I was glad she stuck to her guns regarding her own relationship. This is just a really good story with a cast of characters you will fall in love with. The end of the book had me in tears. I loved this story. It was not in any kind of box, that was for sure.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Libbie.

February 27, 2017 – Started Reading