Loretta's Reviews > Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

liked it
bookshelves: children, classic, my-2018-reading-challenge, the-great-american-read

One I really should have read when I was younger. 😕

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne of Green Gables.

Quotes Loretta Liked

L.M. Montgomery
“People laugh at me because I use big words. But if you have big ideas, you have to use big words to express them, haven't you?”
L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

February 6, 2018 – Shelved as: classic
February 6, 2018 – Shelved as: my-2018-reading-challenge
February 6, 2018 – Finished Reading
June 13, 2018 – Shelved as: the-great-american-read

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

Renee One of my favourites when I was younger, and I still love it.

Loretta Renee wrote: "One of my favourites when I was younger, and I still love it."

Alas! I wish I had read it when I was younger Renee! Maybe it would have resonated more to me now.

message 3: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ I have never read this either, do you are not alone, Loretta.

Loretta Diane S ☔ wrote: "I have never read this either, do you are not alone, Loretta."

Good to know Diane! 🤗

Filipa I really think this is a book for all ages. you just need creativity and an open mind. but I guess
not everyone has that☹️

Loretta Filipa wrote: "I really think this is a book for all ages. you just need creativity and an open mind. but I guess
not everyone has that☹️"

Why thank you Filipa! I didn't realize that I needed creativity and an open mind to enjoy a children's book! 🙄

Kimberly I loved this book as a child. I reread it last year, and though I still really liked it, it just wasn’t quite the same for me. It was still good but I didn’t get quite the case of the warm fuzzies that I did when I was younger.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

When I read Anne of Green Gables the first time, I remember not enjoying it. I found the writing to be very dry, and that disappointed me. However, in my early teens, I really started loving this book. I feel like with this book, it is either you like it or you don't like it very much.

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary I agree with you Loretta. i had much trouble reading her novels. i found them too childish for me and thus dismissed them

Loretta Mary wrote: "I agree with you Loretta. i had much trouble reading her novels. i found them too childish for me and thus dismissed them"

Maybe had we read them when we were younger Mary, right? 🤗

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary Loretta you are right. maybe when i was in my mid teens to late i would have enjoyed this book series. Montgomery writes a bit too childish for me.

You are the first review which has concurred with my opinion.

Loretta Mary wrote: "Loretta you are right. maybe when i was in my mid teens to late i would have enjoyed this book series. Montgomery writes a bit too childish for me.

You are the first review which has concurred wi..."

Thank you Mary! 😊

message 13: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Yes, Anne has magic when you are of a certain age. I re-read it a few years back and, while I still enjoyed it, it was nothing like the experience I had of it when I was young.

Loretta Sara wrote: "Yes, Anne has magic when you are of a certain age. I re-read it a few years back and, while I still enjoyed it, it was nothing like the experience I had of it when I was young."

Strange how that happens, right Sara?

Sasha Yes.

message 16: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann every young girl and adult female should read it at least once. I would also recommend having someone read to you now