Loretta's Reviews > Gulliver's Travels

Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift

liked it
bookshelves: classic, my-2018-reading-challenge, the-great-american-read

I didn't really like this book. I toyed with giving the book two stars but because some parts were somewhat entertaining, I decided on giving the book three stars.

It was very hard to get into and some parts were slow and they dragged on forever. Glad I can say that I finally read it but it definitely wouldn't be one I'd ever pick up again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gulliver's Travels.

March 9, 2017 – Shelved
March 9, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
February 12, 2018 – Started Reading
February 12, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Oh boy! Here we go!! 😁"
February 21, 2018 – Shelved as: classic
February 21, 2018 – Shelved as: my-2018-reading-challenge
February 21, 2018 – Finished Reading
June 13, 2018 – Shelved as: the-great-american-read

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I remember reading this book as the abridged children's classic. Funnily enough, I don't remember anything about it whatsoever. I'll have to pick up a copy at my local secondhand bookshop and read the unabridged version myself.

I am sorry that this book didn't work for you. I heard that this author is very tedious with his writings.

Loretta Tiffany wrote: "I remember reading this book as the abridged children's classic. Funnily enough, I don't remember anything about it whatsoever. I'll have to pick up a copy at my local secondhand bookshop and read ..."

Some parts, for me, were beyond tedious Tiffany! 😁

message 3: by Pillsonista (new)

Pillsonista This reminds that it's been far too long since I've reread A Tale of a Tub . I'll probably get on that once I've reduced my current reading shelf.