Roger's Reviews > Shattered Reflections

Shattered Reflections by Lyn Duclos

U 50x66

The title grabbed my interest and the cover design was evocative of an undercurrent of intrigue, so I read the book.
This is a novel that will interest all those who have a family that they've protected and will be amazed at how fragile our lives really are in the face of the determination of those who are not as fortunate as we are.
Any visits to a hospital have never been the same since I read this enthralling story.
There appears to be so many opportunities to break through the security systems in place, that the disappearance of a newly born child is very plausible and scary.
The fact that this reader has a daughter born in a Perth hospital and when she was a year old, we drove across this vast country, through the Nullarbor Plain to Melbourne, was particularly spine-tingling to me.
The main characters involved in this exciting story are really well defined and consistent in their activation to move the story along. The descriptive narrative, presents a great sense of PLACE as the story travels around Australia.
Dialogue is well written, creating a visual image of the characters and helps to reveal their inner motivations through the conversations they have.
With so much action by such real characters and a story of intrigue, 'Shattered Reflections' would readily be transferred to film, as a three-part TV special or feature-length movie.
A great read.
Roger

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Reflections.

Started Reading