Moon Love's Reviews > Beast: The Beginning

Beast by Mary Catherine Gebhard

Holy shit! Please excuse the cursing, but I've just finished this book and I'm still reeling from the ending and the book as a whole! I don't know why I thought this book was a paranormal retelling of Beauty and the Beast, but it didn't take me long to realize this story wasn't paranormal and Beauty and the Beast might loosely apply. But it's still SO good!

Anyhow, I need to sleep and digest this book. I don't think I'm going to fall asleep quickly just because there is so much to think about! I will say this though, I can't believe I haven't read anything by Mary Catherine Gebhard before. Now that I have, I am super excited for her next book but also to read the books she's already released. I wonder what other treasures I've missed?

UPDATE:

Okay so I've slept on it and still woke up shaken. There is no real way to categorize this book. There are some key words I'd use to though to help describe it. Like-dark, anti-hero, mafia/organized crime, page-turner, gripping, and WOW! The book is told from dual points of view. It's done in a way that a lot is revealed while also keeping a lot hidden. Beast is just that, a beast. I have no idea when I stopped fearing and loathing him, to actually liking him, just like Frankie. And Frankie, I really liked her. She's just herself, but it's enough to change the trajectory of everyone's lives around her. She's even the catalyst for the changes Beast takes.

I won't give anything else away other than the fact that you need to be prepared to want more when the book ends. I was scrabbling in the middle of the night to find out when the next book comes out, and it'll be sometime this year, but it's definitely going to go to the top of my reading list when it comes out. 'Cause there are answers to questions I need!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beast.

March 8, 2017 – Started Reading
March 8, 2017 – Shelved
March 8, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Becca Reads A Lot Yesssssssss babe yesssss

Moon Love Becca wrote: "Yesssssssss babe yesssss"

Have you read this? Or any of her books before?