Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️'s Reviews > The Kiss of Deception

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

Zzz...DNF...Zzz...

After turning page 165 of this book over and realizing that half of my attention was asleep...

description

...and the other half was contemplating whether or not I should trim my toenails before tomorrow's pedicure, I decided to call it quits here. You know, before my brain died.

Long story short...

1) I had no feel for the characters.

2) Could give two shits about what happened to said characters...

3) And not one single fuck about berry picking and horse travel.

One through three up there^^^ can also be translated thusly:

description

Therefore, I decided that the part where Lia lies to Pauline about something pretty significant was a good place to call it.

I'm not down with lying to people "for their own good," and I didn't feel like dealing with the contrived and predictable drama this lie would assuredly cause.

I was also bored by the made up songs and scriptures at the start of every chapter. And when those started to become longer than one page...Pfffft. Over and out homies.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kiss of Deception.

March 8, 2017 – Started Reading
March 8, 2017 – Shelved
June 21, 2017 –
page 121
June 21, 2017 – Shelved as: dnf
June 21, 2017 – Finished Reading
July 22, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
July 22, 2019 – Shelved as: 0-in-my-library-tbr

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)

message 1: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession I hate when I get super bored with a book I hope your next one is better Val :)

Carol (Bookaria) Girl, how do you read so fast? 👍👍👍

Nikki ღ Navareus Sorry this one didn't hold your interest. There's just too many awesome stories out there for us to waste our time on duds that are boring! Hope your next read is an awesome one! ;) xx

Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful) Sorry to hear that V! On a positive note... love your purple tights! (...in the first gif...) 😘

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Guh, hate when that happens ❤️ xo

Brittney Andrews (beabookworm) Yup - I feel yah! I'm almost almost done the third book and I feel like every time I flip a page I want to stab my eyes. Such a disappointing series! I must finish the last book though and resist the urge to DNF. lmao.

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen Very sorry to hear that this was a sleeping pill instead of a story...If I ever need one though, I know where to look! LOL
May your next read keep you awake!!! xoxo

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Fabulous review as always Val this could maybe be sold as a sleep aid 💜

Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D I am telling you these days a good re-read type of books are very hard to find 😐

message 10: by Ira (new)

Ira Sorry is not working for you Val, move on to other book:)

message 11: by Helen 2.0 (new) - added it

Helen 2.0 I have read so many bad reviews for this book and somehow I still feel like reading it... must be my inner masochist whispering to me.

Jilly But berry-picking is so exciting!! ;)
I'm one of the few readers who also didn't hop on this train.
Hope your next read is better.

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Whit wrote: "Dang it! I bought the books because they sounded good. This is, like, the fourth bad review I've seen."

Awww, maybe you'd like it though, I know lots of other people who did!

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Jessica's wrote: "I hate when I get super bored with a book I hope your next one is better Val :)"

Thanks Jess <3

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Carol (Bookaria) wrote: "Girl, how do you read so fast? 👍👍👍"

I've been a reader since I was 9 and I've always been a pretty fast reader :)

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Nikki ღ Navareus wrote: "Sorry this one didn't hold your interest. There's just too many awesome stories out there for us to waste our time on duds that are boring! Hope your next read is an awesome one! ;) xx"

Thanks Nikki :)

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful) wrote: "Sorry to hear that V! On a positive note... love your purple tights! (...in the first gif...) 😘"

I wouldn't be caught dead in purple tights, but thanks! lol

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Guh, hate when that happens ❤️ xo"

Yup!

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Brittney wrote: "Yup - I feel yah! I'm almost almost done the third book and I feel like every time I flip a page I want to stab my eyes. Such a disappointing series! I must finish the last book though and resist t..."

Glad you loved the first one though! :))

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Jen wrote: "Very sorry to hear that this was a sleeping pill instead of a story...If I ever need one though, I know where to look! LOL
May your next read keep you awake!!! xoxo"

Thanks dear Jen! <33

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Deborah wrote: "Fabulous review as always Val this could maybe be sold as a sleep aid 💜"

LOL Thanks!

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Isabella wrote: "Loved the pic! ;))"

Thanks :)

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D wrote: "I am telling you these days a good re-read type of books are very hard to find 😐"

Seems that way! The more you read, the pickier we get I guess lol

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Ira wrote: "Sorry is not working for you Val, move on to other book:)"

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Helen 2.0 wrote: "I have read so many bad reviews for this book and somehow I still feel like reading it... must be my inner masochist whispering to me."

I've read lots of good reviews from people with good taste, so you should definitely give it a go. You might love it :)

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Jilly wrote: "But berry-picking is so exciting!! ;)
I'm one of the few readers who also didn't hop on this train.
Hope your next read is better."

Thanks Jilly!

message 27: by Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful) (last edited Jun 22, 2017 01:21PM) (new)

Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful) Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySkanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads wrote: "Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful) wrote: "Sorry to hear that V! On a positive note... love your purple tights! (...in the first gif...) 😘"

I wouldn't be caught dead in purple tights, but thank..."

Then toss 'em this way, I'll take 'em... 🙄

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful) wrote: "Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySkanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads wrote: "Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful) wrote: "Sorry to hear that V! On a positive note... love your purple tights! (...in the first gif...) 😘"

..."

I don't own any tights, but if I did I would let you have them all <3 lol

message 29: by destini mia (new)

destini mia Bummer :( sorry about this one, Val

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ destini mia wrote: "Bummer :( sorry about this one, Val"

message 31: by Candace (new) - added it

Candace Great, honest review, Val! Sorry it was such a dud. :)

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Candace wrote: "Great, honest review, Val! Sorry it was such a dud. :)"

Thanks Candace :)

message 33: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Your review = my experience 100%. Thank you for making me feel that I am not being overly picky.

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Laura wrote: "Your review = my experience 100%. Thank you for making me feel that I am not being overly picky."

No such thing as picky, my dear! We like and dislike what we will :)

message 35: by Dawn903 (new) - added it

Dawn903 I am on page 356, and I am only readinf this book because I have yet to find another book series after I just finished one. The plot is so slow, I think the book could have been alot shorter

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️ Daniella wrote: "I am on page 356, and I am only readinf this book because I have yet to find another book series after I just finished one. The plot is so slow, I think the book could have been alot shorter"
I keep telling myself I need to try this series again as I have books 1-3 sitting on my shelf...