Danielle Urban's Reviews > Trout Run

Trout Run by Paul Allen Dage

Trout Run by Paul Allen Dage is a fascinating read. Dark, emotional, and haunting. This second novel in the Eddy Trout Series was engaging, suspenseful, and well-developed. I found the main character, Eddy Trout, as a man with many flaws. His past haunts him. His present seems to drag onward in a way that readers, like myself can feel he's not happy with...a lot of interesting moments happen inside this book. Eddy Trout drifts further away from his wife. A good woman he doesn't love anymore. Then, there's his sister, whom he loves very much. She goes missing and Eddy is determined to find her. Last, Eddy finds himself in trouble. He went and did something deadly...like dumping his father in a garden. Anger, loss, grief and determination can be found on every page. The character's journey is definitely like that of a rollercoaster. One never knows what to expect next. Paul Allen Dage's writing is superb. His words have a way of dragging me deeper into Eddy's life. The further I went, the more I found an explosive destiny ahead. The ending leaves my mind wondering what will come after this. Overall, I recommend this stunning piece to readers everywhere.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trout Run.

March 7, 2017 – Started Reading