Amanda's Reviews > Insight

Insight by Santino Hassell

Oh boy. I'm excited to read more about this new series. This is sorta my first Santino if I discount Cyberlove series, which I also love. Insight give me a dark, gritty feeling despite having a New York backdrop and it had been a while since I manage to enjoy a m/m romance with such a thick and compelling plot.

Our hero, Nate is from a family of physic and the black sheep of a redneck town. He didn't have a great life growing up and now that he is an adult, his life still sucks with no one he can turn to. When his estranged twin brother was found dead and Nate receive a vision that drives him to hitchhike to New York in search of some answer, he meet a good Samaritan in college grad, Trent.

This pacing of the first half of the book was a bit mellow when Nate was being introduced to The Community in New York, which is an organization of physic recruiting fellow psychic by providing them a support system. But honestly, they sounds like a bunch of villains with nefarious intention. i'm definitely hooked by this interesting paranormal plot and as eager as Nate in finding his twin's murderer. There are so many players in the picture and no one seems to be trustworthy.

In the midst of all amateur detective work, Nate and Trent grew closer together. Without having any Trent's POV, initially I feel is hard to connect to his character. I don't know what he thought of Nate with all his weirdness and baggage. But Trent's action and his loyalty to Nate really shine through and prove that he is a great sidekick despite being normal.

I love the suspense and drama that was built up towards the end and finally we are getting some answers. I was worried that this being the first of the series, I will be left hanging and grappling at nothing concrete. But Santino manage to wrap up everything nicely and a sweet epilogue for the boys. The main story arc here create a big potential for more to be explore with the secondary characters. I can't wait for more after reading the blurb for the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insight.

March 7, 2017 – Started Reading