JoAnna G's Reviews > Two Weeks To Life

Two Weeks To Life by John  Charles

This is book four in the Fated Soulmates Series and can be read as a standalone. It’s a quick fast read with a decent pacing and meddlesome friends and family. I loved this book. I liked this one best of the series so far.

Carl Bellwin has been on the force for thirty years and is married to his job. He doesn’t want a relationship until he has retired so then he can give it all his attention. He doesn’t believe it is fair to his lover because right now his job takes priority. He has to go to his nephew's wedding and there he meets someone.

Elijah owns the Bliss Inn where Carl is to stay, and he is very much hands on. He is so much like Carl and married to his job. The Bliss Inn is his baby. When these two meet they totally hit it off. There is a lot of sexual tension in the air. He knows one of the grooms as he helped him purchase his home. So he is now friends and invited to the wedding.

When Carl returns from the wedding they stay in touch. He is then forced to take a two-week vacation. That two-week vacation was eye opening for Carl. When he returns from his vacation, pretty much all hell breaks loose. Before he left he and his partner Fran were investigating a missing girl. He thinks he has seen it all. He starts to question his motives and intentions. He has a crucial choice to make. Does he make the right one?

They are both alpha men, although I think Carl is more dominating at times. I like the take charge of both of them. The cast of characters are funny and great supporters in all things. It was an enjoyable read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Weeks To Life.

Finished Reading