Laura's Reviews > One Wrong Choice

One Wrong Choice by A.M. Hargrove

did not like it

***ARC Provided by the Author and Social Butterfly***

I struggled with this book. A lot. And it has taken me a while to get to the review, as I really wasn't sure what I wanted to say about it.

The pacing of this one was all over the place. I was never quite sure how long it had been, where the action had let off or how long it had been. The timeline was also off, years had passed, but their ages had stayed the same, no one seemed to age, time passed for one character, but not for the other.

The sub plot with the brother and his girlfriend distracted from the story and at one point led me to almost putting the book down permanently, at about 80% in.

The characters, Jenna and Brandon, were not believable. And, while this was not technically an affair, there was nothing that actually happened, I do think the book had cheating...there are too many times in which you are told that both characters are engaged in an emotional affair.

The secondary characters were both distracting and frustrating. I got tired of the back and forth, mainly that Jenna put everyone through and was not really sure why they would want to be together.

The epilogue made it worse as it tossed in yet another thing that the characters had to overcome, after a litany of things that happened to them, lies, deaths, family drama, cheating, personal revelations...it was just all too much.

I do not recommend this book.

***This and other reviews featured on our blog “Booked All Night” http://bookedallnightblog.com/ and here: https://www.facebook.com/BookedAllNight/***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Wrong Choice.

March 6, 2017 – Started Reading
March 6, 2017 – Shelved
March 6, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Alison (new)

Alison Copeland murdock the whole book, they were calling cate's husband drew!!! that's her dead husband, correct!!! Mercer is the new one!! how was this not caught

message 2: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Armstrong His name is Drew also.