Lola's Reviews > Landing Luck

Landing Luck by Tracy Krimmer

bookshelves: books-that-i-own, e-books-on-ipad, got-a-copy-for-review-reviewed

I received a free copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it

I was hoping this would be a short, fun and romantic read and that's exactly what this story was. Landing Luck is about Aida who seems to have the worst luck, I really felt for her as she has this important presentation for her job and everything seems to go wrong in her day. She gets easily embarrassed and feels bad about all her bad luck situations. But somehow during it all she meets Wes and things turn around for her.

I liked both characters, Aida was fun to read about and you really could feel her humiliation. It's nice to see how she still tried to make the best of things even with her bad luck. I liked Wes even more, he has this brilliant outlook on life. To enjoy the moment, do what makes you happy and he isn't easily embarrassed. I like characters like that and it was fun to see Aida get to know him and realize that sometimes there was no reason to be embarrassed, she learn how to let go at times.

While the romance between Wes and Aida develops quickly I could feel their romance and it felt realistic. They just seemed good for each other and I liked how in this short novella they both changed a bit, realized things about themselves and even made some changes in a new direction. There's a little bit of drama towards the end, but it was only a small bit and I am glad things got resolved easily without getting blown out of proportion.

To summarize: I really enjoyed this novella! It's a fun read and we get to know both characters a bit and see them fall in love. The romance does develop a bit quickly because of the shorter length, but their romance felt believable to me. I really felt bad for Aida her luck, she was fun to read about, but I liked Wes even more and his outlook on life. it was nice to see them both change a bit over the course of the book and I felt like they had a positive influence on each other. This book is the perfect read for when you're in the mood for a short, fun and romantic read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Landing Luck.

March 6, 2017 – Shelved