Suzie Waltner's Reviews > True to You

True to You by Becky Wade

I loved this book. It was hard to put down for something like…my job.

The chemistry and teasing between Nora and John is intense and fun, respectively. Nora’s quirky habits are endearing and make her character even more loveable while John’s steadfastness is the perfect complement to the middle Bradford sister.

This story deals with some painful topics—loss of a parent, a future you can’t control, finding an adoptive parent, and a couple more heart-wrenching issues. But there is a perfect balance of lighthearted moments. Whether they come from Nora’s sisters or grandmother, John, or Nora herself, the timing of these events is impeccably woven into the fabric of this book.

I loved the comradery between the sisters. If you’ve read “Then Came You,” the novella that precedes this book, you know their history. If not, you’ll get it in “True to You.” I loved that readers get peeks into what Nora’s sisters have in store for them. I loved that there was a connection to the Porter series (it was small and you might miss it, but it’s there.

In fact, my only complaint about this book is that Nora’s parents weren’t in it. Thankfully, there are a couple more books coming that will give them an opportunity to make an appearance.

A solid first in the Bradford Sisters series, I look forward to what’s next from Becky Wade.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including Netgalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True to You.

March 6, 2017 – Shelved