Ahmed Ejaz's Reviews > Frostblood

Frostblood by Elly Blake

bookshelves: 2017, full-lengths

A focused mind is a powerful tool

Frostblood is one of the books which I enjoyed the most. After Red Queen, I was wanting more on blood discrimination. And few days ago I found this piece of writing which I will never forget.
The most important thing I liked in this book is its way of writing. It is just beyond amazing. At least for me. I enjoyed reading how author expressed things. How she made me smile by some jokes in conversations, made me excited by the action scenes, made me sad by some scenes. In short this is one of the best writing styles I have ever read.

OVERVIEW
Ruby is a Fireblood, the kind which is not acceptable in the kingdom where the Frost King, Rasmus, rules. Her mother is killed in an attack by the Soldiers of Frost King. In the attack, Ruby is imprisoned by them. But she gets free by the rebels who wants to remove Rasmus from power. They are planning to use Ruby for their purpose. But Ruby has her purpose also. Revenge. Revenge of her mother's death.
The he very big surprise is rebels are also the Frostbloods. They are doing this for a reason.
Rasmus, Frost King, hates Firebloods for a reason. That's why he kills them.

THINGS I LIKED
=>Discrimination, I liked how the world is divided in Firebloods and Frostbloods.

=>Arcus, this character is just amazing. My favourite male character after Paxton (from Great Hunt). He was just a mystery till the end of the book. The book revealed his mystery in a very well manner. I liked the way his character was written. Even though I found him rude in the beginning but eventually I came to know why he was rude.

=>Arena Scenes, those were very well written. I was literally feeling that I was watching these scenes. I was Feeling the atmosphere of arena.
(view spoiler)

Those who can’t control themselves will find themselves under the control of others

RANDOM THOUGHTS
This book is divided into two parts. Some people may get bored by the first part. But I didn't. Even though that was little boring. This is the beauty of this book. Even in little boring scenes, author keeps giving us little bits which keep us curious. Regardless, I enjoyed both parts equally.

After reading this book, I have found my new favourite author. Elly Blake. I will be looking forward to more books from her.

Weapons and hot tempers make a dangerous pair

March 9, 2017

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frostblood.

March 5, 2017 – Started Reading
March 5, 2017 – Shelved
March 5, 2017 –
20.0% "It's going really good! (^_^)"
March 6, 2017 –
40.0% "I am dying to know the history of Arcus!"
March 7, 2017 –
60.0% "Amazing! Especially Arcus! (^_^)"
March 8, 2017 –
80.0% "WOW!!"
March 9, 2017 –
March 9, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017
March 9, 2017 – Finished Reading
March 11, 2017 – Shelved as: full-lengths

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Sara Saif I am so relieved that you liked this as much as I did. I was kinda worried because none of the reviewers seem to. I remember devouring it, it was just so easy to get into it.

Ahmed  Ejaz (^_^)

message 3: by Romie (new)

Romie You got me at 'blood discrimination' ^^ I will definitely give this book a try, thanks :D

Ahmed  Ejaz Romie wrote: "You got me at 'blood discrimination' ^^ I will definitely give this book a try, thanks :D"

Your Welcome!
Hope you will like this one! (^_^)

Ahmed  Ejaz Maddie wrote: "Fantastic review, Ahmed"

Thanks! (^_^)

message 6: by P (new)

P Wow sounds great !!

Ahmed  Ejaz P wrote: "Wow sounds great !!"

It is, indeed! (^_^)

Danna I loved "Red Queen"! I thought they were somewhat similar!

Ahmed  Ejaz Danna wrote: "I loved "Red Queen"! I thought they were somewhat similar!"

They are little bit similar. But both are enjoyable in their own way. I loved both of them.