Jaime's Reviews > On Point

On Point by Annabeth Albert

bookshelves: m-m-military-current-or-retired, m-m-friends-to-lovers, m-m-angst-queen, male-male-romance

4 stars -Friends to lovers Romance

On Point is book 3 in the Out of Uniform series by Annabeth Albert. This story focuses on Ben and Maddox and is a strong friends to lovers romance and full of angst. The romance in this book is a little slow, as you would expect with high angst, and the POV alternates between Ben and Maddox with time flashbacks as well.

Imagine the one person who has your back both while on a mission and when at home. He is your best friend and partner on your SEAL team. Now imagine you have found yourself to be falling in love with this man, you are afraid because you don't want to lose your friendship - yet it drives you nuts to see them dating other people. You want to be the person they are with, you want to openly love them and you want them to love you. Would you tell them? Would you go for it and risk losing it all? What if one night you had the opportunity to join in a little hot threeway action...would you do it? This is the situation we find our poor MC Maddox in throughout the book .. he is confused, lonly, angry, and he finds himself baking a lot! (Stress baking, it's real)

When on a mission, Maddox and Ben become separated from the team. It takes them relying heavily on each other to make it home alive, and at times Maddox wants to tell Ben how he feels as he fears he won't get another chance. However, they do come home. It's during the recovery that things start to heat up between these two.

The chemistry between these two is off the charts and Ms. Albert can write some smokin' hot scenes with dirty talk that makes you blush! Loved it! Watching these two each overcome their unique obstacles and learn to communicate their wants and needs to each other was great. Yes, I wanted to pull my hair out at times but other times - awesome!

I do have to be honest and say, I had some trouble with this book - it didn't hold my interest at first and I think it was due to the time jumping around. However, once we got past those flashbacks the story picked up for me well enough for me to still rate it highly.

Overall, this was a great story! I am hoping the rumor is true and we will get more hot, sexy, men un uniform from Ms. Albert - if not, she made sure each guy in the series got their HEA so all is good! I am eager to see what she will bring us next!

4 stars and I definitely recommend this book and series!

❥❥**´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`*Review Copy provided by Carina Press in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Jaime from Alpha Book Club
description description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Point.

March 4, 2017 – Started Reading
March 4, 2017 – Shelved
March 16, 2017 –
17.0% "Having trouble with all the bouncing between past and present. It's pulling me out of the storyline, and it's quite annoying at this point."
March 17, 2017 –
45.0% "Ok, now we are talking..."
March 20, 2017 – Shelved as: m-m-military-current-or-retired
March 20, 2017 – Shelved as: m-m-friends-to-lovers
March 20, 2017 – Shelved as: m-m-angst-queen
March 20, 2017 – Shelved as: male-male-romance
March 20, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Emily Seelye I really enjoyed it, but like Apollo angered a lot of readers in At Attention, Ben annoyed me here.

Virginia Cavanillas Totally agree! The dirty talk was awesome, as well as the chemistry.
Great review!

Jaime Vir wrote: "Totally agree! The dirty talk was awesome, as well as the chemistry.
Great review!"

I am glad you enjoyed it! I am eager for more books now from Annabeth!

Jaime Emily wrote: "I really enjoyed it, but like Apollo angered a lot of readers in At Attention, Ben annoyed me here."

Yeah, Apollo and I had a little bit of a love hate relationship. When I listened to his story via audiobook, I felt more compassion for him and didn't get so angry, lol.. his world shattered and I think he was trying his best and got stuck in a rut. Then Dylan came along and challenged everything he was getting used to.. literally rocked his world.