~Mindy Lynn~'s Reviews > On Point

On Point by Annabeth Albert

7320000

bookshelves: boys-who-love-boys, kindle-own, 2017-challenge, damaged-and-broken, i-salute-you, alpha-s-bb, 2019-challenge, friends-to-lovers, ink-me, panty-melter
Read 2 times. Last read January 15, 2019 to January 17, 2019.

Reread 2019 went up from 3 to 4 stars!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I anticipated this one the most. I enjoyed it, but there were things missing for me... And it pains me because I wanted this love story to be epic. But instead it fell flat and I was left quite disappointed.

The hospital scene about killed me for Maddox. His family was awful. He hadn't seen them in years because they didn't agree with who he was. Seeing them brought a spark of hope that was quickly put out when they expected him to change who he was and to come back home. With him being as badly injured as he was and still they acted the way they did made them evil heartless assholes in my book. I was glad when he sent them away.

Ben was a hero in my book for doing what he did in the jungle not only for himself, but for Maddox. I really liked him in the beginning. The way he was getting a bit possessive over Maddox. How concerned he was for the other man. But soon I started feeling like his possessive feelings were more selfish than they were passionate.

For Ben to want Maddox so much and for them to be roommates, he really didn't know him very well outside of the SEAL world. He was surprised by how many people knew Maddox outside of their bubble. He had his eyes blown wide open when he went to Maddox's church and saw how talented a singer Maddox was and how many people knew and loved him there. And he showed the beginning of his selfishness here when he got jealous of these people for being close to Maddox. Ugh!

When Maddox mentioned dating and Ben got all bothered by it I thought here we go. Epicness to come! But no. When the relationship actually started happening it felt anticlimactic. Ben brought up that they should try dating. Mad was hesitant and really didn't know how to trust where their relationship would go. And honestly it felt more like Ben just wanted all of Maddox's attention and didn't want him spending time with anyone else. Then when he found out Mad hadn't reenlisted he flipped out. Ben turned out to be quite the selfish asshole. He had no compassion for Maddox's feelings or his dreams. All he cared about was himself and how what Maddox wanted would effect him. He didn't give Mad time to explain his plan and only saw it as Maddox abandoning him. By then I was quite frustrated with the whole damn story and especially with Ben. I gave up on trying to like the guy.

It was hard trying to enjoy a book were you really liked one MC and only could barely tolerate the other one. I had such high hopes and I wish it this had turned out differently so badly.

I still enjoyed parts of the story and I look forward to the next one.

Happy reading dolls! xx

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Point.

March 4, 2017 – Shelved
January 15, 2019 – Shelved as: friends-to-lovers
January 15, 2019 – Shelved as: ink-me
January 15, 2019 – Shelved as: panty-melter
January 17, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Christelle Exactly my feelings when I read it !!
Great review, Lynn :-)

~Mindy Lynn~ Thanks, Christelle! xx

message 3: by Leigh (new) - added it

Leigh Great review Mindy.

~Mindy Lynn~ Thanks, Leigh! xx

Denise H. Nice review sweet Mindy Lynn ! :) x

~Mindy Lynn~ Thanks so much, doll! xx

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ Awesome review, Mindy :)

~Mindy Lynn~ Thanks, hun! xx

Shymsal I think that's what dragged my rating down, too. Not the best in the series and I had hoped it would be!