Abdurrahman AlQahtani's Reviews > HBR's 10 Must Reads 2017: The Definitive Management Ideas of the Year from Harvard Business Review (with bonus article “What Is Disruptive Innovation?”)

HBR's 10 Must Reads 2017 by Harvard Business Review

A book made up from HBR best articles. Yes, I am not usually a big fan of books that are collections of articles, but this one was frank with me in saying so and did not pretend otherwise. The title is clear "10 Must Reads" + 1.

HBR articles are known for their insight and originality. Besides reading their articles from the website and listening to their IdeaCast podcast, I make sure that I read HBR must read releases every year to make sure I didn't miss any thought-leading ideas. This thought-leadership from HBR is a must have companion for every person who is working with or leading others.

One thing I hated about the book, and I felt I was fooled by HBR marketing because of it: the articles has nothing to do with 2017! I expected to read articles of mid to late 2016. But I found that most articles were published in 2015, exactly 8 of them, and the rest were published in early 2016. So don't be fooled by the sparkling title of "10 Must Reads of the Year 2017". You're actually reading some older articles repackaged in a book, though still insightful and worth your time.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read HBR's 10 Must Reads 2017.

March 4, 2017 – Started Reading