jD's Reviews > The Gods of Amyrantha

The Gods of Amyrantha by Jennifer Fallon

Aug 01, 2011

bookshelves: 1_library-yes, fantasy_adventure_worldbuilding, 2011-read

This series has got me hooked. I am on the way to library to grab the next one. I can't say it's the writing because it's not that strong but the characters and plot twist are a rush. I am addicted.

The Tide Lords are such a funky concept. They are humans who come into power over the elements in cycles referred to as the 'The Tide'. They are immortal but The Tides are hundreds of years apart. They never know when it's coming or how long it will stay. When The Tide is out, they live on the downlow because humans can hurt them but not kill them. Since The Tides can be hundreds or thousands of years apart, humans forget about them being real.

The Tide is returning and the immortals are manipulating politics so they can be in a positions of power such as kings and queens. They have a problem this time, a secret society has kept the truth alive and know the Lords are coming back. They need to stop them because the Lords don't exactly get along or share well so they cause mayhem to the planet when they disagree, to say the least. That's the short of it. I don't want to say much more, it's too easy to slide in a spoler.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gods of Amyrantha.