Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)'s Reviews > The Thing About Love

The Thing About Love by Julie James

FBI agent Jessica Harlow has fought hard to find a place in her male dominated field, and even though she has found some success, she knows she still has a lot to prove. She is hoping that her new high-profile undercover sting assignment will give her the edge she needs to prove to her boss that she can handle whatever he throws at her, but the instant she meets her new partner she begins to have her doubts. Of all the people they could pair her with they chose the most annoying and stubborn one they could find... the unbelievably sexy and oh so cocky ex-Army ranger John Shepherd!

Ex-Army Ranger John Shepherd is on a mission to land himself a prestigious spot on the FBI’s elite Hostage Rescue Team, now all he needs to do is come out on the winning end of his new high-profile undercover sting assignment. He has rid his life of distractions, fine tuned his focus, and is ready to tackle this assignment head on... that is until he meets his new partner. When his former Quantico nemesis Jessica Harlow breezes through the door and he learns that they will be working side by side on this mission he just about loses it. She is the most infuriating woman he has ever met, and he is certain that there is no way he is going to be able to find common ground long enough with her to get the job done... or will he?

This was my first time reading a book by Ms. James, and I can say with complete certainty that it won't be my last! I enjoyed everything about this book, the story line was plausible, suspenseful and engaging, and the characters came with a very realistic feel, you couldn't help but connect to them! I really enjoyed reading John and Jessica's story, their chemistry was electric, at times I swear you could literally feel the sexually charged sparks between them arcing off the pages. It was also refreshing to read a story with a strong and determined heroine who could hold her own against the alpha hero, Jessica had something to prove and she wasn't about to buckle to John's will!! Hands down one of the best first reads that I have settled down with in a long time!! Highly recommend!!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this title.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thing About Love.

March 2, 2017 – Shelved