Suzanne Radcliffe's Reviews > One Wrong Choice

One Wrong Choice by A.M. Hargrove

One Wrong Choice is about Jenna and Brandon. In the prologue, we find Jenna changing her mind about going through with her marriage to Kenneth. Brandon rushes in and tries to get her to realize that she can't marry someone she doesn't love. Then he receives a call that has him running off...so begins a story that sucked me in and didn't let go.

We go back in time to how they meet. On her way in to work, Jenna runs over something in the road and her car starts making a terrible sound. She sees an import repair shop, and pulls in to have her car looked at. When Brandon comes out to greet her, all her personal and business problems come crashing down and she has a panic attack. Brandon takes her to his office and helps her get through it. When he ends up fixing her car at no charge, she offers him dinner for all he did (for her car and for her panic attack). He accepts, and at that dinner, she drops the bomb - she has a boyfriend. He wants to know why she asked him to dinner if she's taken. She doesn't really have an answer - she just had to. Something pulls them together. They have a great connection, become best friends, and no matter how much he wants her and how much she thinks about him, they never cross any lines.

I can't really say much more without giving away the story, so I'll stop there. Though the blurb seems like this is a love triangle, it really is not. And there is no cheating. The authors have made this very clear and I am as well. It's a story that makes you ask yourself how far would you go to make the person you love happy? What would you do to make your family happy? What if a choice you make is the wrong one and ruins everything? This was a story of so many emotions - happiness, sadness, longing, anger, resentment, tragedy, heartbreak, sweet romance, steamy love scenes, even some super funny moments. I will admit to being very angry with both Jenna and Brandon at different points, but don't give up. Read it all and find out what happens. And we also get to read more about the characters from The Cruel and Beautiful Series (Cruel and Beautiful & A Mess of a Man).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Wrong Choice.

March 1, 2017 – Started Reading