Andrea's Reviews > One Wrong Choice

One Wrong Choice by A.M. Hargrove

*ARC received in return for an honest review

Once again A.M. Hargrove & Terri E. Laine have pulled another 5* winner out of their bag.

One Wrong Choice is the last in the Cruel & Beautiful series and what a mixed bag of emotions it was! I have followed these characters from the very beginning,I've become very attached to them and I'm quite sad that their journey is ending but what a perfect finish to a fabulous series. I FLOVED it!!!

If you've been following this series you'll know that One Wrong Choice is Jenna and Brandon's story and, although it can be read as a standalone I'd recommend you read the books in order to get a better understanding, and feel, of the characters and their backstories.

This book has all the feels. As what has become typical with this series, I was hooked from the prologue, I couldn't put it down. I have laughed 'til I cried, sobbed, shouted in frustration so many times and sighed my way through Jenna & Brandon's story.

Jenna & Brandon were perfect for each other, the chemistry between them passionate and deeply heart felt. They were so good together but there were times I wanted to shake the pair of them, tell them to get a grip, ignore outside influences and sort things out between them.

I felt like shouting and hurling my kindle at the wall in frustration over the way Brandon appeared to be a bit of a doormat, (albeit a very sexy doormat!) seeming to always be putting others first. I wanted him to finally shout, 'Enough is enough!' to all those who didn't seem to notice how their wants and needs were getting in the way of him living his own life the way he wanted it. I mean how much can one man take, especially one as lovable and gorgeous as him, maannn he was hot! *swoons*

Jenna's deep-rooted sense of family values and loyalties was very admirable but, like Brandon, she allowed them to get in the way of what she really wanted. Her mother was so controlling and vile to Jenna that I got quite angry, damn I wanted to throat punch that woman!!

It was obvious the couple were meant for each other but with all the obstacles they allowed to be placed in their way, will they finally put themselves first? Or will they push their feelings aside for the sake of others?

I loved Brandon, who wouldn't? A tattooed, muscular mechanic who's good with his...hands and big ALL over but it was his younger brother who snuck his way into my heart. He had a cheeky way about him which endeared him to me.

My heart broke for so many different reasons and, although it was the best ending, I was sad for some part of it.
But even though there is some sadness in the book, there are some very, very funny scenes, the 'silicone lip treatment' scene being just one, which I laughed out loud at. Hilarious!

I can't get enough of the writing talents of this duo, they create the perfect mix of tension-filled drama, angst, humour and enduring love capable of surviving anything with a LOT of hot passion to keep you gripped from start to finish. You become addicted to their wonderful characters in a way that you can't help thinking about them long after their story has ended. Picking up one of their books is like popping open a tube of Pringles, once you start you just can't stop, you have to move on to the next one. I really can't wait to see what they bring us next.

Make One Wrong Choice your next read, you won't be disappointed, I definitely wasn't!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Wrong Choice.

Started Reading