Juliana Graham's Reviews > Grave Surprise

Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris

Aug 01, 2011

liked it

I have already read the first of the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlane Harris, so I was quite interested to try this book from a different series. I didn't realise it was part of a set until I'd already started it, and as it happens it's the second one but this didn't cause many problems with only the occasional reference to previous events. I imagine that reading the books in order will show the relationship developing between the two main characters so I'll definitely read the others in sequence.

The tone of this book was quite different to Dead Until Dark, which was more light hearted and humorous. However I found it enjoyable as it combined a classic 'whodunnit' with supernatural elements plus interesting characters. I didn't guess who did the various ill deeds, but then i never can - I'm very poor at guessing the bad guy in crime fiction! I will definitely read the other books in the series and would recommend it to anyone who likes a bit of the supernatural without it being too far fetched, a crime novel that isn't too gory or just fancies a story that's a bit different from the vampire tales that seem to be everywhere at the moment!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Surprise.