valee's Reviews > Something Borrowed

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin

2320890

bookshelves: to-read, cont-romance

I always wanted to read this book and I had no idea there would be a movie about it (other way I would have read it sooner), now I feel like a total loser because I watched the movie accidentally as I had no idea it would be about this book!

Loved it but I can't read this book now because I know what will happen. I will be reading book 2 right away though because I just need to know what will happen to Darcy.

What a great movie !

description
So hot! Loved all the actors they chose to play the characters from this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Borrowed.

July 31, 2011 – Shelved
July 31, 2011 – Shelved as: cont-romance
May 24, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

message 1: by valee (new) - added it

valee I recommended this movie to all my friends today,LOL. I just loved it.

message 2: by valee (new) - added it

valee Has anybody watched it?? I feel like I'm the only one, LOL.

message 3: by Lori (new) - added it

Lori Henrich Who is in the movie? Sounds familiar but not sure.

Annemarie Lol I read it a long time ago BUT I might have been in a bad mood and didn't care for it so I need to reread lol

message 5: by valee (new) - added it

valee I can't really say, AnnMarie as I actually didn't read it. That's why I didn't rate it. I only watched the movie and really liked it. I did read book 2 though and LOVED it.

message 6: by valee (new) - added it

valee Lori you should google it. Kate Hudson's on it.

Theresa I have to tell you LV, I didn't like the movie. I read the book and I'm surprised that I liked it. Then I started watching the movie and only got through the first half because it was killing me. I felt like it was mocking the book and made all the characters seem so pathetic w/o absolution. I find myself realizing that maybe it's better to either watch a movie BEFORE reading the book, or waiting a long time to watch the movie after reading the book. Somehow, Hollywood tends to ruin good books.

Anyway, I think I will finish Something Blue, wait a few months, then watch the movie again. This way, the details aren't so fresh in my mind and I wont be as frustrated with what the movie lacks. If you decide to read the book, let me know what you think. It'd be interesting to hear your perspective after having watched the movie.

message 8: by valee (new) - added it

valee I will, although I don't think I'll read it because I already watched the movie. I did like it actually,LOL. I loved much more book 2 though. It was a great read for me.

Theresa I think that if I had watched the movie before reading the book, I would have enjoyed the movie more. I wouldn't have been comparing it to the book. I felt the same way after Time Traveler's Wife. I watched the movie right fter reading the book and didn't like it. I probably would have loved it if I hadn't read the book first.

message 10: by valee (new) - added it

valee I usually hate movies which I read the book before. I just can't help comparing them. It happened the last time to me with The last song, from Nicholas Sparks. Loved, LOVED the book, but the movie not so much...

Catherine you can read the book...yes you may have the overall story, but the book always is better, and goes into more detail...

message 12: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy Sallegue I usually read the book versions of movies but for this one, my vote goes to the movie. I loved it. You can skip the book (although there were differences, of which the movie did better) and go ahead to Something Blue.

Tiffany Nighthawk The movie is one of my favorite movies to watch over and over again. It keeps a fast pace and is just controversial to keep things interesting. I really root for Rachel the entire time. I noticed there was a book and had to read it. Even though I knew the main premise already I enjoyed reading the details and seeing the details in the book. it was a quick read so I would suggest reading it even if you have seen the movie.

message 14: by Amy (last edited Jan 24, 2014 10:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy The movie is good. . . but he book is better and not enough like the book to skip the book!! I mean I love Ethan. . . but I love the Ethan in the book. . . and what the heck they did to Claire!!!! Geeze. . . and the casting wasn't that great! Darcy is much younger and darker than Kate Hudson. . .

message 15: by Roy (new) - added it

Roy I don't know if I had read the right book, I've had watched the movie first and so I decided to read the book, but Ethan was in London the entire story, unlike the movie that he was with Rachel throughout summer, instead in the book, it was Hillary who was with Rach. So did i read the right book? i was just confused.