Sportochick's Reviews > The Mistress Enchants Her Marquis

The Mistress Enchants Her Marquis by Christina McKnight

A charming love story that stands out from other historical romances. This is an unusual story of a family that is very uncommon for the times they live in and how they live their lives within societies bounds.

The main heroine Samantha cracks me up in a good way. This woman is very feisty and certainly does want to do things that push the bounds of society and could cause the downfall of her whole family. But I enjoyed what she did because it opened Eli to another type of life than what he was used to with his grandfather.

Eli on the other hand grew the most from his interaction with Samantha. He learned to open himself up and laugh again. The lessons he taught Samantha were lessons all of us could use in our lives at one time or another. Also, his character is stellar without coming across as soft sided.

Secondary characters, White's betting book and the men who signed the bet adds the needed spark to this story to keep it more entertaining. I will be interested in reading the next book to the series as Samantha's who family is very entertaining and interesting.

I give this book 4 STARS and recommend it for anyone who wants a very enjoyable read.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.

Visit my blog for more reviews: Sportochick's Musings

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mistress Enchants Her Marquis.

February 27, 2017 – Started Reading