Darcy's Reviews > Collision Course

Collision Course by Marie Harte

bookshelves: 2017, e-book, romance, net-galley-books

This was a fun one to read. I like Lou, he is ladies man and I mean that in a good way, Joey was a great challenge for him. I liked that she didn't give him the time of day when they first met, but had to be won over with small steps. Even when they started things up Joey kept Brandon a secret. It was the right choice to make as a mom and later when she confessed that she liked having Lou for herself it made me smile. Of course Lou learning about Brandon the way he did wasn't the greatest. I liked that Joey told him real soon after and not because he pushed her, but because she was ready on her own timetable. It didn't surprise me when Lou's own issues came up towards the end and he made the choice he did, making both himself and Joey unhappy. I did smile at those that came to talk to him to get his head out of his ass. Loved that things got resolved right away.

One a side note, hated Joey's parents, their snide comments made me want to bitch slap them. I was happy when Joey finally yelled at them for the way they treated her for her one mistake and how they lorded different things over her head for all of these years. It was a long time coming!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Collision Course.

February 27, 2017 – Shelved