Jennifer's Reviews > A Season of Eden

A Season of Eden by J.M. Warwick

Ok so I have read lots of discussion about people wanting to read books with a student/teacher relationship similar to Rose & Dimitri. I kind of did too, even though I preferred Adrian, I enjoyed Rose and Dimitri's story. I have not read any yet because I wanted something similar and not like a gross really older guy. In this story Eden is 18 and James Christian, her teacher is 22 so I decided to give it a try. The beginning was not so good and I was almost pissed I spent $5 on kindle for this on a whim. But slowly I really got into the story and the characters. Eden comes from a rich family. Her mom died, and her dad remarried four months later and never paid her any attention after that. She is beautiful and has had her pick of guys. When she meets nerdy music teacher Mr. Christian it was a little strange the way she immediately fell for him. But I liked that the relationship did build and felt honest to me. Some reviews I read did not like Eden or find her to be realistic but I did. I felt like she had a ton of character growth. I did understand over time why they would fall for each other. Eden gets to school early each morning for some extra time with Mr. Christian and they slowly get to know each other. James Christian never had a girlfriend in high school and I can see why having the attention of a beautiful popular girl would appeal to him. They spend time at school together each morning until Eden decided to ask him to hang and he gives in and they meet for coffee. They continue to meet secretly and there are two make out sessions but no sex. I enjoyed the build of their relationship and was very engrossed in this book by the end. Now the ending some liked it some hated it but I was somewhere in the middle (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Season of Eden.

July 31, 2011 – Shelved