Sally's Reviews > Fire Study

Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder

bookshelves: deadly-peril, adventure, fantasy-land, magic, fire, ya-all-grown-up, political-intrigue, study-series

How awesome is it that I already had a shelf for fire?! Fire plays such an important role in this book that it's a very appropriate shelf as well.

Now that I've finished the trilogy (*sobs*), Magic Study is still my favourite, then Poison Study second. I feel bad saying that this was my least favourite because IT'S STILL INCREDIBLY AWESOME! Not least favourite, just third of the three. Still brilliant and engrossing, I guess I just found it a bit confusing at times... it's been a while since I read the first two, so I kept having to pause and remind myself which one was Ixia and which one was Sitia, and who was on which side... I don't always do so incredibly well with political stuff, even when it is in fantasy worlds! I still loved this book though, and I was able to follow it - there were just some parts that required deeper thought.

Also, the cover is absolutely gorgeous.

I wish there'd been more of Irys though, because I have such a literary crush on her. She's absolutely fantastic.

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Study.

July 31, 2011 – Shelved
February 7, 2012 – Started Reading
February 7, 2012 –
page 23
February 7, 2012 –
page 79
February 8, 2012 –
page 103
23.36% "Almost back late from my break I was so into this!"
February 11, 2012 –
page 168
February 12, 2012 –
page 239
February 14, 2012 –
page 441
February 14, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Sally Woohoo! Received via readitswapit.co.uk :)

Sandra Yay! :D I hope to start this soon, after The Wind In The Willows probably >3< I'm excited!

Sally Hee, the Wind in the Willows! I loved it :D

Sandra I've only read 2 chapters so far.. but I hope to read more later today :D