Cathy Skendrovich's Reviews > Hard to Protect

Hard to Protect by Incy Black

Wow, what a sexy, action-packed, suspenseful read! I loved this third installment in Ms. Black's Black Ops Heroes series. Will and Angel were HOT together!

I found Will sexy as hell. He's an operative on the edge: emotionally and physically, and the author does a great job of illustrating that with her word choices, and his actions. No "Telling" in this book; Ms. Black's descriptions, in words and deeds, paint vivid pictures of what's going on, in the book, and in the characters' heads.

Angel is wound tighter than a top in the hands of a toddler. She's ready to snap at the least provocation, and has been for years. Will becomes that provocation, and the moments when she lets herself go are memorable.

I enjoyed the dual pov. Ms. Black switches from female to male with no weakness, and I found myself laughing out loud at many of Will's internal comments. Great use of dialogue to move the story along. The sex scenes were hot, and descriptive. A little more than I'm used to, but not sleazy at all. They fit the characters perfectly. You may come away from them looking for a partner, or at least a heck of a lot of chocolate!

Oh, and pay careful attention throughout the book; the clues are there for the supreme bad character, but I missed them, probably because I was fanning myself!

I liked this third outing in the series as much as the first one. It really shows a lot of style and knowledge, as well as writing growth. A truly enjoyable read that I recommend to anyone who is a fan of romantic suspense/spy thrillers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard to Protect.

February 26, 2017 – Shelved
February 26, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 25, 2017 – Started Reading
March 26, 2017 –
page 21
March 28, 2017 –
page 43
15.93% "Oh, I'm loving the author's sense of humor, and her descriptions. "Her skin dropped five sizes." Fantastic!"
March 31, 2017 –
page 191
April 12, 2017 –
page 218
April 14, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Wopsywoobookblog Great review. I loved this book.

message 2: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Great review. I loved this book too :)