Saloni's Reviews > Snapshots From Hell: The Making Of An MBA

Snapshots From Hell by Peter M. Robinson

F 50x66

liked it

First things first: This author completed his MBA from Stanford in the 80s, so a lot if it will seem dated and irrelevant. My boss’s boss gave this book to me as a gift after he learned that I am quitting the job to pursue an MBA. Incidentally, he is also from ISB – he told me to read it as soon as possible so I’m aware of the (un)rosy parts of an MBA. I am hoping against all hope that my experience at a B-school is nothing like the author’s – The author seems mostly stressed, but he does manage to portray a hilarious and frustrating account of his time at Stanford. The author’s background is unique – He was a speech writer at the White House, and was thus one of the “poets”, a title that refers to students from non-technical background. The book is an account of his experiences at the school, which are mostly everyday struggles and personal events. Not very insightful, but can be a light read and is sometimes funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snapshots From Hell.

Finished Reading