Denae's Reviews > Sequence

Sequence by Adrian Dawson

I like science fiction. I like some extremely silly science fiction. I like some books with an obvious philosophical agenda. What I do not like is books which have no warnings or indications of their ideological stance or books that butcher science to their own ends. Unfortunately, falls into the latter category of books I do not like. I would have been willing to give this two stars, initially, because the writing was terrible in a way that amused me. Then we got to the scientist-bashing and victim mentality. Even the terrible science I could have forgiven, were it not for the "all science is based on disproving the existence of God" theme.

This book was boring and an affront to scientists everywhere. It pretty much clinched my decision that First Reads is largely a waste of my time.

Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy of this book for free through the Goodreads First Reads giveaway program.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sequence.

July 31, 2011 – Shelved
July 31, 2011 – Shelved as: random-discovery
September 8, 2011 – Started Reading
September 8, 2011 –
page 34
"It was free and so far fairing better thzn thd last one. That one was cruelly abandoned."
September 9, 2011 –
page 279
"Wow, this is awful. In some ways the terrible writing is hilarious, but the butchery of science... I'm going to finish, but only out of sheer curiosity."
September 11, 2011 – Finished Reading