Sam Lewis's Reviews > Something in the Way

Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins

liked it

I want to preface this review by saying that I love Jessica Hawkins. She happens to be a favorite of mine and this is why writing this review is hard, but honest. Something in the Way is a YA/NA book. It is about Lake, a 16 year old, her 19 year old sister Tiffany and Manning, a 23 year old working construction next door. Tiffany wants to date Manning to piss her dad off and Lake finds him intriguing and crushes on him. This book takes place over a few weeks towards the end of summer in the mid 1990's. The final week being at camp where all three are working. A misfortune of events happen and even the truth can't set them free.

I like the idea of the story, but it just fell flat. The book seemed to drag on and on and took forever to get to the point. This is just the first book in the Something in the Way series. I am not sure if the next book will continue this story or another similar story, but it is due out in May 2017.

Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something in the Way.

February 25, 2017 – Started Reading