Janina's Reviews > The Mane Event

Jul 31, 2011

bookshelves: shifters, favorites
Read from May 08 to 13, 2012

Christmas Pride
I will be reviewing this book in two parts, since their are two stories within this book. This is Mace and Dez's romantic and crazy story, which was completely freakin' awesome :)
Dez is one crazy, bad ass detective who has attitude like no other! That attitude, I loved :) She was no pushover and the only human around a wild bunch of shifters of all kind. I love Mace, he was hilarious and determined to win Dez over. But it didn't take much. The two of them together were a force to be reckoned with!
I loved their romance was fun and entertaining! It took you on an amazing ride that kept you laughing and also wanted to awwwwww, throughout the entire story. Mace, that Mace. When he roared at the Christmas Carolers, I died laughing! It was too funny :O Don't wake him up with singing!
Smitty and Sissy Mae were some amazing added characters :)! Crazy siblings from Tennessee :)
I definitely recommend this series to anyone who likes a good laugh, with some great steamy romance! This series is for mature people who can handle sex scenes! I have already read this series before, and rereading and review it for the blog :)
Shaw's Tail
I loved this story with Ronnie Lee and Brendon. It was an entertain read that, once again, Shelly Laurenston gave me stomach cramps from laughing so hard :)
Ronnie Lee is a true character. A country girl from Tennessee, who know how to handle herself. How can you be banned from whole countries? Well Ronnie Lee and Sissy Mae where had a spreadsheet full of banned countries.
And Brendon Shaw :) What a cutie! A lion doing the Mambo :D lol I died laughing. That was too funny! Brendon was a trip. The love and affection he show towards Ronnie was amazing, but to do it in a way where she would run off was even more amazing :) Ronnie did not like commitment one bit, but you could feel the love between the two. I adored it.
That smith pack is something else. And I liked being introduced to Mitch, Brendon's brother. He was a added character that I really liked. And did I see a connecting romance between him and Sissy Mae. That will be interesting ;)
Awesome story with great characters :) I really recommend this series who love a good laugh and shifters of all kinds!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mane Event.

Quotes Janina Liked

“You admit nothing. Deny everything. Demand proof. Did you learn nothing in Boot Camp?"
(Mace to Smitty)”