Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews's Reviews > Dark Water

Dark Water by Robert Bryndza
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
10841164
's review

really liked it

I got to know DCI Erika Foster in A Girl in the Ice then I got a deeper look and understanding of her in The Night Stalker and admire how she has grown in Dark Waters. She has become one of my favourite characters and I look forward to more of her in The Last Breath.

Dark Waters is a tense, gripping and somewhat disturbing story for me that starts off with DCI Foster doing something different but soon back doing what she does best, investigating a murder. This time of a child, now this is not the kind of storyline I really care for and at first I struggled with the enjoyment of this book, but that didn't last long. What really makes this a tense and gripping read for me is Robert Bryndza’s ability to slowly reveal little clues as you follow along with the investigation and try to piece together the crime.

Even though you could read Dark Water as a standalone, I would highly recommend starting with The Girl in the Ice to really get the feel of Bryndza’s style of writing and to connect with the well-developed characters. Also they are just so good you don't want to miss any. I have pre-ordered my kindle copy of The Last Breath and am looking forward to reading it.

All of Norma's and my reviews can be found on our sister blog
http://www.twogirlslostinacouleereadi...
56 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Water.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

February 25, 2017 – Started Reading
February 25, 2017 – Shelved
March 6, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I need to get caught up on this series! Hope you're enjoying this one.


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Melissa wrote: "I need to get caught up on this series! Hope you're enjoying this one."
Thank you, Melissa! I am listening to this one and so far I am enjoying it.


message 3: by Diana (new) - added it

Diana Would you say this is a stand alone book? Or should I start with book one?


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Diana wrote: "Would you say this is a stand alone book? Or should I start with book one?"
Even though the crime is new in each book I won't say it works as a standalone. I really love the main character and you really get to know her and learn more about her and others characters from the first two books. The first two books are so good you don't want to miss them.


Kendall I'm so excited the 4th one comes out in April!!!


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Kendall wrote: "I'm so excited the 4th one comes out in April!!!"
Oh! I didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know. I am excited too!


message 7: by Diana (new) - added it

Diana Thanks! I will start at the beginning


message 8: by Frances (new)

Frances Glad you enjoyed Brenda! Nice review!


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Frances wrote: "Glad you enjoyed Brenda! Nice review!"

Thank you, Frances!


message 10: by Melissa (last edited Mar 06, 2017 02:35PM) (new)

Melissa I need to get caught up on this series! I've only read The Girl in the Ice. *hangs head in shame* What I really need more time to read. Lol.


Norma Wonderful review, Brenda! So glad you enjoyed it! I didn't realize there was a 4th one coming out. I am really excited to read it. I really like this series!


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Melissa wrote: "I need to get caught up on this series! I've only read The Girl in the Ice. *hangs head in shame* What I really need more time to read. Lol."

Lol, Melissa. As Norma says too bad we couldn't read as fast as we add! Lol.


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Norma wrote: "Wonderful review, Brenda! So glad you enjoyed it! I didn't realize there was a 4th one coming out. I am really excited to read it. I really like this series!"

Thank you, Norma! I was leaving that for a surprise for you when you read my review. I have preordered the kindle book. You should too.


message 14: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt What a fabulous review and series, Brenda! Happy to see a fellow Calgarian enjoyed this as much as I did.


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Matt wrote: "What a fabulous review and series, Brenda! Happy to see a fellow Calgarian enjoyed this as much as I did."

Thank you, Matt! So great to meet a Calgarian here on Goodreads. I am also happy to see you enjoy this series too. I am looking forward to the next one. I hope you are too. I would like to read your thoughts on it.


message 16: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt I am hoping to get an early copy.... so excited for it!


message 17: by Tina (new)

Tina Great review Brenda! This sure is a good series :)


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Matt wrote: "I am hoping to get an early copy.... so excited for it!"

I will be looking out for your review!


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Tina wrote: "Great review Brenda! This sure is a good series :)"

Thank you Tina! Glad to see you think so too.


Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Great review, Brenda! Just commented on your sister's review about how awesome it is that you two read books together! Im always trying to get my sis to read with me :-)


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Kristin (KC) wrote: "Great review, Brenda! Just commented on your sister's review about how awesome it is that you two read books together! Im always trying to get my sis to read with me :-)"

Thank you, Kristin! We have always shared and read the same books but we just started reading together and really enjoy doing the reviews together. Even thought we love the same books we can be different in some ways. It makes it quite interesting sometimes. Maybe your sister will try it someday. I hope so!


Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Brenda wrote: "Kristin (KC) wrote: "Great review, Brenda! Just commented on your sister's review about how awesome it is that you two read books together! Im always trying to get my sis to read with me :-)"

Than..."



That's so great, Brenda! I have done buddy reads with my sister, but she isn't one to discuss what she reads. I'll ask her what she thinks and she'll shrug and say she doesn't know or doesn't remember! lol. Pulling teeth, I tell ya! ;)


message 23: by Julie (new)

Julie I've got to get back into this series. Sounds really good. Great review!!


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Julie wrote: "I've got to get back into this series. Sounds really good. Great review!!"

Thank you, Julie! Oh I hope you do!


message 25: by Kaceey (new) - added it

Kaceey Great review Brenda! Glad you enjoyed!!


message 26: by Mary Beth (new) - added it

Mary Beth I loved this one too and love this series. Great review Brenda and I cant wait for the next book.


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Kaceey wrote: "Great review Brenda! Glad you enjoyed!!"

Thank you, Kaceey! Not sure how I missed your comment till now. I always love getting your comments.


Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Mary wrote: "I loved this one too and love this series. Great review Brenda and I cant wait for the next book."

Thank you, Mary Beth! It should be a good one!


back to top