Brandy's Reviews > A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller

Jul 30, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 2011
Read from July 30 to August 01, 2011

I'm somewhere between a 2 and a 3 rating. It could be that Donald Miller and this book in particular had been suggested to me by lots of people who know me well, and I just started reading with my expectations at a very high level. I never connected with Donald or his voice. I liked the concept of our life as story, and that's probably what prompted my friends to suggest it to me, but I felt like the book wandered too much over the same ground again and again.

The discussion of what makes a story and how to live a better story was interesting and did make me want to look up some of the people he quoted about story. My favorite part of the book and the part I'm most likely to remember in the future was in the final few pages when Bob Goff of Restore International was mentioned, and he sounds like someone I'd want to meet and get to know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.