Jonetta's Reviews > The Fix

The Fix by David Baldacci

Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Amos Decker is walking to the FBI building in Washington DC when he witnesses Walter Dabney, a prominent owner of a government contracting firm, pull out a gun and shoot a woman who was also walking in that vicinity. He then turns the gun on himself. It's clear that Dabney murdered Anne Berkshire, a substitute school teacher, but what's not so clear is the why. Since Decker witnessed the event and the case is handed to the FBI, the task force is given the assignment.

Unlike the first two books, the task force is investigating a hot case instead of a cold one. It's classic police procedural with Decker's added unique skills. As it progresses, the investigation runs smack into another of the alphabet agencies, the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and Harper Brown, their liaison. It was a gnarly puzzle, leading down unexpected and surprising paths. I ended up suspecting quite a few from time to time but ended up going with my initial instincts, which were right. I loved that the clues were all there for me to deduce much of it on my own (along with a lot of help from Decker).

What I truly loved about this book was the relationship elements. Decker is experiencing the benefits of being part of a team after the circumstances of his tragic past and it humanizes him and the story. It makes quite a difference in a good way. Also, the duality narration has found its rhythm and it rocked. Kyf Brewer and Orlagh Cassidy made this a very enjoyable listening experience.

Still loving this series and Amos Decker. This story might not have all excitement of the first two but it certainly strains the brain in figuring out the mystery.

(I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fix.

February 25, 2017 – Shelved
July 11, 2017 – Shelved as: 4000-books
July 11, 2017 – Shelved as: audio-1000
July 11, 2017 – Shelved as: 250-series-up-to-date
July 11, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Tracey I'm looking forward to this one!

Jonetta So am I!

message 3: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Davis Excellent review Jonetta!

message 4: by Jaline (new)

Jaline Great review Jonetta!

message 5: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review Jonetta!

Jonetta Lynne wrote: "Excellent review Jonetta!"

Thank you, Lynne!

Jonetta Jaline wrote: "Great review Jonetta!"

Thanks, Jaline!

Jonetta Wendy wrote: "Great review Jonetta!"

Thanks, Wendy!

message 9: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Jonetta! :)

Jonetta Thanks, Deanna!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Awesome review Jonetta! Glad you liked it. I am looking forward to reading this one.

Jonetta Thanks Mary Beth. A little different from the first two but one I think you'll enjoy.