Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Guardian

Guardian by Remy Blake

bookshelves: arcs

4.5 Stars to Guardian by author duo Remy Blake.
Published: March 30, 2017
Read: March 29, 2017
POV: First-person dual
Standalone
Genres: Erotic Romance, Older man/Younger woman

Guardian was a super short, sexy read. At first, after reading the blurb, I made the assumption that the trope of this book was probably 'daddy' kink." It was not. The premise is strictly older man/younger woman. The hero, Brock, was fifteen years older than the heroine, Ivy. That said, I adored this book and was not at all creeped out by the age difference.

Brock is shocked to learn that his long time friend passed away and left Brock guardianship of his daughter. Brock does not understand why his friend would ask him to do that, but Brock does not say no. Unfortunately, Brock has no idea how to take care of the girl. A girl, he mistakingly assumed was a child.

When Brock sees Ivy for the first time, he is beyond surprised and not a little dismayed that Ivy, although very young compared to his own age, is a legal adult. She is beautiful and Brock is instantly dismayed by the instant bolt of lust and desire that nearly overcomes him.

Ivy is not happy that she has to live with Brock in order to meet the conditions of her father's will. Ivy has plans for her future and they do not include Brock.

Sometimes plans change.

To say that Ivy and Brock got off to a rocky and tense start would be an understatement. There was so much tension between them; sexual and otherwise. Overtime they learned to be civil to each other and shortly after became friends. However, they could not remain in the 'friend' zone for long. No matter how hard they tried.

Once Brock and Ivy came together (no pun intended ;) ) the story moved along pretty quickly. In my opinion, there was little to no angst. The intimacy between Brock and Ivy was sexy and hot. I appreciated that Ivy was very mature for her young age which helped set my mind at ease concerning the large age difference.

Also, I thought the writing flowed very well considering this book was written by an author duo. I am definitely planning to read more from Remy Blake in the future.

Guardian was a very sweet, sexy, enjoyable book; one you will love and reread over again.

*I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this novel. My opinions are honest and unbiased*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guardian.

February 24, 2017 – Shelved
February 24, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 29, 2017 – Started Reading
March 29, 2017 – Shelved as: arcs
March 29, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Fabulous review, Christine!! ♡♡ lol We really do feel the same about this one! It was so good! This was your first read by them, too? I was pleasantly surprised that it felt like a complete story even though it was so short.

Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~ My first by the duo, yes? But I have read all but one of Jacob's. And all of Logan's as well. Loved everything I've read so far.

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~ wrote: "My first by the duo, yes? But I have read all but one of Jacob's. And all of Logan's as well. Loved everything I've read so far."

That's good to know! I'm excited about reading more of his work now. I want to read his brother's stuff, too.