Jennifer☠Pher☠'s Reviews > True Colors

True Colors by Anyta Sunday

it was ok
bookshelves: m-m, netgalley, arc, 2-stars-equals-it-was-ok

I am soooo going to be in the minority with this one.

2 stars = it was ok.

The vibe I got from the first book made me a little reticent to give this one a shot, but then I thought about Leo Loves Aries and I just had to give this a chance. That was just about my most favorite book of 2016 after all.

I should have trusted my instincts.

I didn’t like this any better than I did Bottle Boys.

I honestly felt a clawing un-comfortableness through the majority of the book.

How come these boys don’t talk to their friends? Is this a cultural thing and I am just not getting it? I think they are college aged, yes? I am confused about the age thing.

Although the betrayal Marco felt was warranted and very, very real, I feel after a lifelong friendship it could have been argued out. So, I just had a hard time reconciling the hate and the distance. Plus, how long was it before Oskar left? It seems they were very young when they fell out but they have only been away from each other for 15 months. It also seemed that no one realized they weren’t friends anymore. How is that possible when they were inseparable? How is it that Marco spent all this time with Oskar’s sister Zoe but they never talked about Oskar? This all just didn’t make any sense to me.

Did no one know about the accident? The hiding of the scars was odd. Was it because of the betrayal from his youth? Why wouldn’t this have been something else to share with friends? Marco seems to have a pretty solid group of friends.

This was the icing on the already crumbling cake though. The boyfriend. I wish this could just be erased from the book because it made no sense in the larger picture of the book. Um…(view spoiler) I kind of don’t believe you.

Unfortunately, like I said, I am totally in the minority with this one. It just didn’t sit well with me.

The ending was all kinds of pretty though, it just wasn't enough.

**ARC courtesy of the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Colors.

February 24, 2017 – Shelved
February 24, 2017 – Shelved as: read-for-realsies
February 24, 2017 – Shelved as: m-m
February 24, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley
February 27, 2017 – Started Reading
February 28, 2017 – Finished Reading
January 12, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
May 9, 2018 – Shelved as: 2-stars-equals-it-was-ok

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

* A Reader Obsessed * Sorry this wasn't a win :(

Jennifer☠Pher☠ R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "Sorry this wasn't a win :("

S'ok. I think going in I knew it wouldn't be. Everyone else seemed to love it!