Krysti's Reviews > The Duke of Bannerman Prep

The Duke of Bannerman Prep by Katie A. Nelson

I've been so excited about The Duke of Bannerman Prep ever since I learned that this is a YA retelling of The Great Gatsby, and I was certainly not disappointed. This book stayed true to many of the themes from the original work, but is very much its own, captivating story. Be sure to check out this post over on Girl in the Pages to see some fantastic comparisons between the two.

Many of the Gatsby characters have been brilliantly reimagined in this story, yet at the same time, they're much more likable in spite of their flaws. And the Duke is every bit as enigmatic and fascinating as Jay Gatsby himself.

This book is perfect for fans of The Great Gatsby ands fans of YA contemporary novels alike.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duke of Bannerman Prep.

February 22, 2017 – Shelved
February 22, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
April 17, 2017 – Started Reading
April 17, 2017 –
18.0% "I'm already completely drawn into the mystery that is The Duke. Every bit as enticing and enigmatic as Gatsby himself."
April 18, 2017 –
46.0% "‪Ever wondered what a party would be like in a YA Gatsby retelling? Well, it's pretty EPIC!"
April 18, 2017 –
76.0% "I am a Gatsby NUT. And this is everything I would want a YA retelling to be."
April 19, 2017 – Finished Reading