Christopher's Reviews > City of Skies

City of Skies by Farah Cook

This review containers slight spoilers.

This is an excellent book with excellent characters and plot development. Farah Cook has taken the Norse mythology and planted it in a future that we can all find ourselves a part of if we look in her books.

It did take me a Chapter or two to get used to the view point being used. I'm not used to so much emotions in my main characters (but when you mainly read books like Dresden Files or Star Trek/Wars, it happens). However, once I got used to that I really enjoyed the book. If I didn't have to go to work, I wouldn't have put it down until I was through.

I recommend this book for anyone with an interest in mythology, romantic intrigue, and adventures galore. :)

----------------------------------

In this novel, Nora Hunt is a child that is restraining her true nature from revealing itself. She is gifted with extraordinary powers.

When she is Chosen, and taken from her home District, she begins training to start a new life as a Raider. An elite class of society that adventures in to forbidden lands in search of the past. During this training, her true self begins to reveal itself and her powers begin to show. However, she is in danger... from all sides...

*** I was provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review ***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Skies.

February 18, 2017 – Started Reading