Crystal ♥ RBtWBC's Reviews > Blood of the Demon

Blood of the Demon by Rosalie Lario

Jul 30, 2011

bookshelves: request-netgalley, best-of-2011
Read from August 03 to 04, 2011

Brynn has never considered herself normal since she has been able to wield a strange power from a young age, but she never thought of herself as anything but human until the day she was kidnapped by a handsome stranger and then her whole world was turned upside down.
Keegan and his brothers are interdimensional bounty hunters charged with the task of finding an ancient book and capturing Brynn, who is the key to the powerful and dangerous ‘Book of the Dead’ and keeping her out of the hands of the evil Mammon, who wants to use the book to raise an army and take over the Earth. If they fail to find the book before Mammon does then they have been ordered to kill Brynn and prevent Mammon from reaching his evil ambitions at all costs.

In Blood of the Demon, Rosalie Lario has built a complex and interesting world that follows the life of four brothers who are half demon. Each brother comes from a different mother and has different abilities from each other but were all taken from their mothers at a young age to be raised by their cruel, power hungry father. Surviving that torment and finally escaping, they now seek his destruction. Keegan, being the eldest, has always felt responsible for each of them and would put his life on the line for any one of his brothers. He was an awesome and honorable hero that I had no trouble falling in love with right away.

Brynn and Keegan’s chemistry sizzled from the start but was fought by both characters, that didn’t stop their subconscious minds from dreaming though…I’ll let you think about that one for a bit. ;) Their relationship was rife with subterfuge and secrets though that were slowly peeled away one layer at a time throughout the story, giving it great mystery and adding wonderful sexual tension.

Brynn made a good heroine, though I get a bit annoyed with character names that I have to figure out the pronunciation to every time I read it! Does it sound like Brin, Brine, or what? I dunnoh. LoL I liked her independence though and her willingness to defend herself, and also her understanding when it came to Keegan’s powerful struggle between his brothers, his duty, and the woman he is falling in love with. All of these struggles led to several sexually intense and emotionally tormenting scenes that just sucked me into the story more.

This paranormal world in Blood of the Demon was incredibly inventive and I found it intriguing that each species came from different dimensions, including angels, and were all ruled by a rather lax Elden Council. The author created an easy to follow paranormal story line with aspects from Egyptian mythology as well with her wonderful writing style. A dangerous and passionate story that is a promising start to a new series; I look forward to future stories about the rest of the brothers who were unique and captivating in their own right.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of the Demon.