Kay M's Reviews > A Cold Dark Place

A Cold Dark Place by Toni Anderson

it was ok
bookshelves: dnf, free-kobo-books

DNF@32%

I tried my best to like this book. I really did. But for some strange reason I just couldn't get into it and I found it a struggle in the end.

I admit what drew me in was the blurb as it sounded interesting and when I got around to finally reading it I was slightly disappointed. There was nothing wrong with the narrative style or the characters. From what I read the premises seemed well written; there was plenty of mystery and action and Alex and Mallory were believable (I liked Alex a bit more as he seemed to have had a dark past and because he's an assassin). However it didn't hold my interest like I hoped it would.

It's like the other day I reached 12% and I felt that the beginning was a bit too slow for me. So I decided to take a break from reading this to read another book. I thought I was going through a dry spell and I hoped when I did come back to this book that I will start to enjoy it while making progress. Unfortunately the more I read it, the more bored/unfocused I was getting. To be honest I was debating whether or not I should make it to the halfway point, yet at the same time I couldn't bring myself to force myself to read anymore.

I'm sure Toni Anderson is a great writer and I certainly respect her talent. Having said that, I don't think her books are my cup of my tea. Maybe I'm kinda new to the whole crime/mystery genre. Don't let my review discourage you; if you like this book then fair enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Cold Dark Place.

Finished Reading
February 20, 2017 –
12.0% "So far the start is a bit slow to me. I think I will come back to this after reading another book or two."
February 22, 2017 –
32.0% "I'm going to throw in the towel for this one. I'm totally out - I've tried liking the book but it's not my cup of tea at all :("
February 22, 2017 – Shelved